Thursday 5 June 2014

Atelier Yoga



When I knew I was coming to New York I knew had to find some yoga. I remembered that a lovely lady who I was on a retreat with at the Burren Yoga Centre in Ireland on my 30th birthday taught Iyengar yoga in the city. I looked her up and discovered she had since opened her own yoga centre in Union Square, only a ten minute walk from my apartment! Some things are meant to be.


It is called Atelier Yoga  as it's in a building full of art studios and the small, cosy, well equipped space is right on the very top floor with views across the rooftops.


So I set out on a very rainy Friday evening to do do a class.


Carolyn hadn't changed a bit


and these guys (and the dog) welcomed me into their class. I didn't know it was a 'level 4' Iyengar class before I signed up but I did my best and learned a lot.


Sivasana (the relaxation bit at the end) was nice, listening to the sounds of taxi's beeping their horns in the street far below - realising I was in a yoga class - in New York :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...