Tuesday 21 June 2016

Save Our Magnificent Meadows!


Anyone who reads my blog or knows my work will know I have a bit of a 'thing' about meadows so last year when I discovered there was such thing as National Meadows Day I knew I had to do something to mark the occasion in 2016.


National Meadows Day has been started to raise awareness of the plight of our beautiful meadows whose numbers are dwindling dramatically. 97% of our meadows have been lost since the second world war! 


I can't imagine a summer without spending lots of time in the meadows. They are my favourite places to be. Rich, interesting, utterly beautiful and FULL of inspiration for me as an artist. I love looking up close at this little world and seeing how it all sits together. I love that in winter its just green muddy grass and you simply can't imagine it is going to burst forth into so much life. 


This year National Meadows Day is on Saturday July 2nd and there will be events happening up and down the country at various sites. Check their website to see what's going on near you. There will be guided walks and family events and there is a photography competition too.



 This year it happens to fall on the same day as Hebden Bridge Open Studios so I won't be skipping about in the meadows myself that day BUT I will be donating 10% of my open studio sales to Plantlife's Magnificent Meadows project.




My studio will be open on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd July from 11-5 and will have lots of 'seconds' lamps at bargain prices AND 20% off everything else...wallpaper, fabric and cushions.They seconds lamps will be available in the studio only and not by post (sorry) but everything on the website will have 20% off with the code 'MEADOWSDAY' for the three days :)

It would be great to see you in the studio. We are at:

Suite 1, First Floor, Burlees House, Hangingroyd Lane, Hebden Bridge, HX7 7DD  
Find us above La Perla Italian restaurant. Buzz the buzzer and we'll let you in 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...